This weekend was the opening of the duck hunt. Hadley went out Saturday morning with my dad, and Jake and they got 7 ducks. Hadley wanted to take me out on Saturday night so we found a sitter for the kids. We got all bundled up and took the boat out on the northside of Utah Lake in the pouring rain. I was not looking forward to going out in the pouring rain, but once we got out there it wasnt bad. Hadley found us a little spot, he hasnt hunted this area before...He set out the decoys and then we sat and waited and waited. Hadley kept calling and calling and a flok of 4 ducks started coming and I was thinking I was going to have to shoot and then they turned away and Hadley couldnt call them back in. So around 6:30 we decided to pick up the decoys and head in...No ducks!! It still was actually fun just getting out, but would like to try it again and hopefully shoot a duck.
Hadley setting out the decoys.

Hadley and Daisy.
Me!
I think you're such a good sport for going out there, especially in the rain. You're such a good wife & mom!! I love all the new pic's you've posted!!
ReplyDelete